Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nothing Lost/Much Gained

Good morning.  I'm going to keep this post short, simply because I'm still trying to open my eyes, but a lot going on today and wanted to make sure I posted.

So I went to my meeting yesterday morning for my first weight-in since starting the Points Plus program.  As I suspected, I did not lost any weight.  In fact, I did gain, but only .75.  Thats okay really, but I was so frustrated and disappointed.  Everyone else seems to have done great, losing like they did their very first week on the program.  Why did it not work for me?

Frustrated and confused, I sat through the meeting and listened to my leader (in my opinion, the best WW leader ever) as she explained more about the program.  I went through my tracker to see what I eaten over the week.

Now, I noticed yesterday morning that my ring was SO TIGHT that I couldn't get it off my finger.  What's up with that?  It's obviously water retention.  I am sensitive to sodium but didn't think I had a lot of sodium last week.  In going through my tracker, I've discoverd a few things.  There are a lot more products high in sodium in my tracker than I thought.  That sodium is a sneaky little thing. 

Also, because I am at goal (but trying to get a few more pounds off), I should probably cut back on the number of free fruits I have a day to one.  Secondly, I AM NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER.  Seriously, like almost not at all.  Where did that healthy habit go?  And one of the biggies that I didn't factor in is the Powerade and G2 that I've been drinking to help with the charlie horse cramps I get (since using G2 and Powerade, I have only had one incident of cramps in three weeks).  But I wasn't tracking them.  The G2 is low in calories, but when I look it up on the WW eTools, it's actually 2 points per bottle, and the regular Powerade (I drink that while skating at the rink) is 4 points per bottle.  Okay.  That one really snuck up on me.

So I told you I didn't lose, but what I have gained is the knowledge that there are so many GREAT people out there.  You know, it's funny, because I'm at goal and sometimes feel like I shouldn't speak up at my meetings, show my frustration, be disappointed if I don't lose weight.  I'm usually pretty open in sharing at the meeting, giving others suggestions on what might help them, and cheering them when they share their successes, but yesterday I was really quiet, studying the materials and listening to the leader, and just bummed out.  See, I go to my weekly meeting every week, even though I'm at goal, because I know that I need it.  I know that I will struggle with these issues the rest of my life.  Oh, yeah, it's a social thing too.  Definitely. 

After the meeting, a husband and wife couple that I like very, very much stopped to talk to me and gave me some suggestions on what might be going on.   So Kim and David, if you're reading this, thank you so much!  You really don't know how much it meant to me.  I needed that.  I really did.  Our leader is absolutely wonderful but with the new program, everyone has questions for her AND she still has to do orientation for the new members.  So it's almost impossible right now to get her for a minute, but I came out of that meeting feeling much better, knowing that there were things that I could have handled better and I intend for this week to be a much better week!

I said this was going to be a short post, didn't I?  Hee hee.  Sorry.  Anyway, it's going to be a VERY VERY busy week with work, but somehow, I have to try to get my workouts in.   Might have to get up even earlier every day.   Do what I've got to do!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to figure out what was going on, Reen. So envious that you have a great leader. Yesterday we had ANOTHER new leader, and one that had subbed at our meeting in the past and that we had not felt was "with it." The explanation we were given was "a change in schedule." When we asked when our leader was working, we were told, "Oh, not here." Okay, another one bites the dust. I lost 0.6, but now, in addition to the change of program, there's a change of leader. I'm going to continue to follow PP, despite my issues with it, but I may switch over to eTools and forget the meetings. I hate to do this, but I have to WI on Saturday and this new leader is just not going to motivate me. A lot of people had concerns and questions about PP and her responses were "trust WW." Sorry, that doesn't do it for me. It's like dealing with the Stepford leader! Sorry to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, I COMPLETELY understand. I am fortunate to have a great leader. I used to go on Thursday nights, and she was the leader. When I returned to WW after a little break, she wasn't doing Thursdays anymore, but was doing Saturdays. I went to both meetings, Thursday and Saturday for a few weeks, and then switched to Saturdays.

    I would suggest that if you enjoy the meetings and get a lot out of them (I do), then find another meeting. I know where I am, there are other meetings, other leaders. Shop around until you find one that "fits".

    If that doesn't work for you, go with the eTools, but I need the "people thing" and the interaction with others in person.

    ReplyDelete