Hi there and HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND! Is summer really coming to an end? What happened to it? Wow, that's a bummer.
Anyway, on to business. My weigh-in this week wasn't what I wanted, but you know, things don't always go your way, even with the best plan and intentions. The body does what IT wants to do sometimes. I mean, I worked out hard this week, got four workouts in PLUS skating and still gained a pound. Okay, BUT I did go to a beef and beer last Saturday. I didn't think I did that bad though, but maybe that's what happened, or, as some of you have said before, sometimes working out doesn't really kick in right away. So here's hoping next week's weigh-in will be better and that scale makes a U-TURN back and I remain heading in the right direction.
Spent the day Saturday in A.C. That's always a dangerous situation for me, because we always end up at the buffet for dinner, but again, I don't think I did that bad. First of all, had a turkey sandwich for lunch with some freshly made potato chips (yeah, that's not so good). We did a good bit of walking around before dinner. At the buffet, I had a wonderful piece of salmon, pick and peel shrimp, sauteed green beans and carrots, and stole a bunch of the sauteed mushrooms from the area where they grill the steaks. Oh, I had one little crab cake. Then for dessert, I did have my vanilla ice cream, but I don't think that's too bad. Then we did another good bit of walking before heading home.
Yesterday we had a friend over for a barbecue. Grilled chicken thighs 90% lean burgers on a potato roll (not so good), the best ever Jersey corn, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden. Then we had two very special desserts. Our friend's favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie, which is rough because he's a diabetic. So I made a sugar-free lemon meringue pie AND a low-fat, sugar-free cheesecake. Both desserts were really, really good. Husband was a little skeptical about the cheesecake but was pleasantly surprised and thrilled at how good it was.
After dinner, we got out the Yatzee game. What fun! Three grown-ups playing one of the classics and having a ball doing it. It was a great night.
Today, annual family picnic and trip to horse/dog show, which is right in my sister-in-law's back yard basically. Great fun. My plan, taking my own burgers and light roll, and a giant watermelon. Bringing the hula hoops with me, bocce ball and lots of walking around at the show and playing with the kids.
Today should not be a problem and I'm looking forward to spending time with all the kids!
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
4 days ago
Have played Yatzee for years but I do get a few games of bocce in every summer. (you have been giving me idesa). Sounds like a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great weekend. I accidentally left the bocce ball at home but took all the hula hoops and we all had a bunch of fun! Yahtzee was fun. I'm going to see what else is hiding away in the games closet. What's next? Twister perhaps?!!!!
ReplyDeleteheres hoping it was a FANTASTIC YESTERDAY.
ReplyDeleteheres knowing :) it, like mine, was too short a day off.
MizFit
Yes, Carla, it was definitely too short a day! And SO many food temptations around. I was able to avoid some of it by bringing my own burger to the barbecue, stearing clear of potato and mac salad and bring my own dessert, low-fat, sugarfree cheesecake, AND watermelon was delish, but still have some extra calories to work off this week.
ReplyDeleteOur gym is closed this week so I guess it's all about skating AND heading into "the basement" to work out on the elliptical.
P.S. Started downloading your Podcast onto my iPod and listened to it working out last week!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!