Thursday, June 17, 2010

What's for Dinner - TIRED OF CHICKEN!

So it's almost 10:30 a.m., the time of day when I normally take something out of the freezer for dinner.  Problem is I don't know what I want.  Chicken, chicken, chicken, getting a little tired of it.  I have some ground turkey in there, but tired of burgers.  I'm really wishing I had some fish in there, but I don't.  That might mean I'm heading out to the grocery store...unless someone else has an idea for me.

I'm trying to real stick close to points since I had my little "vacation" for two days.  I also some boneless pork loin chops.  Hmmm, what could I do with them?  That's an idea!  They're a little spicy.  Maybe I could finally try making that tzakiki to go with it (please share recipe) or something similar.  I have fresh dill, fresh basil.  I also have fresh cilantro.  I have fat-free plain yogurt.  I have cucumbers.  Then there is always more grilled veggies, zucchini, red and yellow peppers, onions.  Could use an eggplant.

Oh, I have some swiss chard in the garden!!!!!  Yeah.  Forgot about that!

Okay.  So maybe I blogged my way through the "what's for dinner" problem after all. 

Ever feel like you're always cooking the same thing?  I seriously need to expand my menus a little. 

And here's a pic of the veggie garden so far.  Tomato plants are in the back and need some stakes and ties. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a creature of habit as far as eating goes. I'm perfectly happy to eat the same thing over and over :)

    ReplyDelete