Monday, June 21, 2010

A Real Quickie

A real quickie post, that is, but hey, hope I got your attention!  Got to make this quick because I've got A TON of work to get done today!!!!

Went to meeting and weigh-in on Saturday, up 2 pounds.  I'm okay with that, one, because I knew it was going to happen after our mini-vacation; two, because my weight is not going to remain exactly the same for the rest of my life; three, because I've stuck to it this weekend really close, and I think it's working already.

I'm frustrated right now because I've not been running or even skating much.  I went to the rink Friday night but really didn't do my regular skating.  I'm just being extra careful since the food has been bothering me.  I have appointment with the doctor who did my surgery on Wednesday.  So I'll take it easy until then.  Hopefully, he'll tell me it's just a weakness and maybe scar tissue from the surgery and that I can still run.

In the meantime, been working with the hula hoops a lot over the weekend and still loving it. 

Made something really yummy for dinner last night.  Cut my first bunch of swiss chard from the garden.  Sauteed onion and garlic, then added the swiss chard, which I had sliced up, sauteed that, added a little salt and pepper, when it was about halfway done, I added a can of drained cannelini beans.  Then at the end, sprinkled it with grated Parmesan cheese.  Yum!  I could have had it as a meal by itself, but we did have grilled chicken and a salad as well.  I wish I had taken a picture.  This is definitely a keeper so I'll get a picture next time!

Also picked our first zucchini and green beans this weekend.  Already grilled the zucchini and having the green beans with tonight's dinner.

Well, hope you're all having a GLORIOUS day!  I better get back to work now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment