Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chili Ideas?

Hi, all. I'm wanting to make chili tonight, but looking for something a little different. Here's what I've got in the pantry, 2 pounds ground turkey, 1 pack of Ortega chili mix, a few cans of Hormel chili, canned black beans, fresh (frozen) cranberry beans, yellow onion, green pepper. But looking for something to give it a little twist.

So feel free to throw some ideas at me. It's a good chili day here, cool, windy, rainy, but I'm looking for a change. I would love to hear from you!

So it's been a good couple of days...for the most part. The wedding we went to on Saturday was a blast, and the shoes looked great with the dress. Can't say much for how the foot felt on high heels though. Think it was a little too soon. Didn't realize how weak it was to put it in that position. Sorry, foot. :(

Anyway, I've done pretty well eating the last couple of days, trying to really stick it this week to knock the scale down. Last week I stayed the same, which is okay.

Big news, yesterday I got out for a run. I got tired of hearing myself complaining about the weather. After all, when I ran the 5K in October, the weather wasn't so great. It was 42 degrees, rainy and windy that day. So actually, yesterday was better weather. It was only 38 degrees but no rain and no wind. I ran 1.6 miles. I don't think that's too shabby. It's only my second run since surgery, and the first run was just a test run, which was a mile. So now each time I'll try to bump it up and go from there. :) I was so happy to get out there!

Today since it is raining, I'm shooting for a workout downstairs on the elliptical, but work first.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for running! I ran for the first time in weeks, today! I was worried it was going to be horrendous, but I did okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Marisa! Good for you on the running. YOU HAVE heard the latest weather, right? I'm seriously bummed, so tired of winter.

    ReplyDelete