Yep, I'm in it, the big funk. Definitely. I've been fighting it for a week but just didn't have it to pull myself out of it, UNTIL NOW! I've been using the fact that I was sick as an excuse AND the weather as an excuse and I'm done with it! This morning I'm getting ready to go to my meeting and get on that scale to face the music...and the results of my "comfort food fest". Time to pull my head out of the sand and get back to work!!!
Now, I kind of know what the scale is going to show, probably a two pound gain since my last weigh-in two weeks ago, and I think, you know, it could have been so much worse. I mean really, two pounds, I can handle that. Totally manageable if I follow the program and GET MOVING! For me, that's the key, and I've really been down in the dumps with the weather. I want to run! I want to run! And I haven't skated in probably almost two weeks because I was so sick with the cold and then the weather closed the rink.
So everything turns today. Get on the scale and MOVE ON. Skating tomorrow AND Monday. I'm also going to give it a go, I think, next week and try to run, even though there is snow on the ground. If the streets are clear, I can run the neighborhood. May not be the greatest, may not be that pleasant, but I have to look at it this way. The other side of the coin is I could NOT move and NOT get back to where I want to be and BE MISERABLE about that. So here we go. It all changes right now!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are so not alone - read some other blogs and you can find at least half a dozen, or more, people in the exact same boat as you! Looks like snow + colds + misery = weight gain.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're coming out, Reen! If not, I will come and yank you out! Blog Friends Don't Let Blog Friends Stay In Big Funks! LOL!You have worked so hard; you KNOW you have it in you to get back in action! Don't worry about the scale. Just do what you do and it will all come back for you :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Actually, surprised myself. Only gained 3/4's of a pound....still at goal! Wow!
ReplyDeleteSo now I'm pumped up and ready to keep it going. Plan on getting some good activity in skating tomorrow and Monday and I'll run just as soon as the streets are clear enough. Unfortunately, looks like more snow headed our way.
But yes, the blogs have been a great tool for me and I have met some truly wonderfuly people!
P.S Thanks, Marisa. I believe you too, I bet you would be willing to come and yank me out! :) :) I think I'll be okay.