I am so ready to get moving...mentally anyway. The last few days, the desire is definitely there. I would love to get out for a run (if the weather was warmer), but although the heart is in it, I don't think I have the strength in the foot, ankle, and leg yet. I am getting there though. I have noticed that I have no pain at all now when walking until the end of the day and that's only when I'm in my bare feet. And I definitely keep fighting the desire to skate. I want to skate!!!!!! I'm afraid to get back in too early, but I think that if I start out very, very small, it might be a good way to build back the strength.
I know, I know, the doctor told me to start small, start with the stationary bike, work my way up to the elliptical, but really, there is no desire for me to be down in the basement working out on those machines by myself, especially with no tv down there. Basement TV died. :(
I've been doing more stretches, knee bends, toe lifts, leg lifts trying to build up the muscles but I just want to be where I was!!! Okay, okay, I'll stop complaining. It will come.
I'm also struggling with the food aspect of my life right now. I have always been a faithful tracker (Weight Watchers) of everything I ate. Even once I reached goal, I tracked almost everything. Since the surgery and the holidays, I've just had a hard time getting back to that. (Heather, if you're listening, I know, I know, give me a good kick in the pants, will you?) Since the surgery, I've been playing with the same 5 1/2 pounds. I gain them, I lose most of them, and then I gain some back. I'm thankful that I have that cushion to be able to play with those pounds, but I don't want to play anymore! Want to get back to where I was.
Okay. So here is the plan. Today I am going to track EVERY SINGLE THING that goes in my mouth. Today I am going to drink water, water, water, and then have a couple glasses of WATER!!! Today, I am going to get down on that elliptical armed with a bottle of water and my iPod (already loaded with lots of new podcasts) and get moving for at least 15 minutes. I'd like to say I'll do 30 minutes on the elliptical, but we'll just have to see how the foot holds up. After dinner tonight, while watching tv, I'll be sitting at the table playing with that beautiful new sewing machine that Santa brought, which should keep me away from snacking. Or maybe I'll head to the skating rink to visit some friends. Oh, and one more thing, Honey wheat pretzels have to go! I was never a big pretzel eater, but these, the sweetness and the crunch, having trouble resisting.
So that's the plan. Hoping today is the day that turns things around. I still have half a week to get myself back on track before my next meeting/weigh-in. JUST DO IT! Right?
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment