Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's Here - I'm Here!


So I had originally decided last week that I was going to start fresh 1/1/10 with new changes, but decided this morning WHAT AM WAITING FOR, START NOW!!!! I'm not going to get anywhere unless I take that first step.

So here is my plan. Yes, I'm putting it in writing because I'm more likely to stick to it that way, and since I love blogging and it has helped me meet my goals in the past year, I'm sticking with it.

Okay. So today I'm going to start the exercise routine again, not so much for getting exercise to lose weight but I need to start moving again to gain the strength back in my foot, ankle, and leg (post-surgery) so that I can meet my next goal, to skate and run again. So I'll start with 10 minutes bike, 10 minutes elliptical and see how I do. I know I can do the 10 minutes bike because I've been doing it off and on, but haven't tried the elliptical yet.

Next, I'm going to pay more attention to trying to be more mindful of the $$$ I spend grocery shopping. I have real issues with mindlessly shopping for groceries and not really paying much attention to how much I'm spending. So I'm going to start tracking EVERYTHING I spend per month on groceries and see where we are. I started using coupons again, thanks to some great tips from a fellow blogger (Yes, Heather, that would be you!). As of today, I am going to try "The Grocery Game", again, another tip from.... yes, Heather, that would be you again.... and see how well I do with that. I'm new at this whole thing, but I'm sure if I stick with it, I'll learn the ropes.

And third, I'm going to start tracking the food I eat more carefully. Since my surgery on November 9th, that has gotten worse and worse, and since the holiday, I'm not tracking AT ALL. This behavior has got to stop right now. I will not (this I know for sure) be able to maintain my goal status if I don't track what I'm eating. So that starts right now, right this very minute.

Future goals, I want to run another 5K and hopefully also a 10K in 2010. I set up an emergency fund and a vacation fund in the bank so that in the future if something happens and I'm not able to work or I want to take a vacation, I have easy access to funds to cover us. Since I am self-employed, I don't get sick pay or vacation time.

Finally, a big one, is to find more time to spend with old friends and new friends. Over the past year, I have reunited with friends from the past and it has been great. We have gotten together several times and had such a good time. Must continue that. Getting together with friends and laughing are the best medicine when you're feeling down.

So there you are. Now, I'll need all the support I can get so please hang in there with me. Best wishes to everyone for a HAPPY AND HEALTH NEW YEAR! Watch out, 2010, here we come!!!
Oh, and P.S., Santa brought me a brand new sewing machine for Christmas! So I am looking forward to learning more about the sewing world than the basics I already know and playing and creating!

2 comments:

  1. Those are rockin' goals, Reen!

    I know you'll be up and "running" in no time!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope so, Marisa! I'm not so crazy over this "baby steps" idea though.

    ReplyDelete