I'm such a procrastinator!!! I keep checking in on my favorite blogs, seeing what everyone is up to and then saying, oh, I'll post later...but with the holidays, that's just not happening. So here I am first thing in the morning and figured better do it now before another day gets by.
I'm doing better. The past two days, I started my "therapy", if that's what you want to call it. Doc told me to start slow with exercise and build up, starting with the stationary bike. So Tuesday I got on and did 10 minutes, yesterday 15. It felt so great to move! I wanted to keep going but don't want to put myself further behind and good thing I didn't, because the muscles in my leg are achy this morning. I'm supposed to work myself up to 45 minutes on the bike and then I can start on the elliptical. Question is what am I going to do for 45 minutes while riding that bike in the basement? TV is broken and no cable down there now (moved it up to the kitchen for our new little flat screen in there). Hmmm., maybe there is a way to rig a little shelf or table over the bike that I could set my laptop on and I could at least do Internet surfing and blogging while I'm peddling away! Will work on that.
So I am feeling better, physically and emotionally. It's still rough getting out of bed in the morning, but once I'm moving, not bad at all.
I am so jealous of all you blog buddies out there sticking to your running routines. You are my heroes! Don't stop. Keep going. You're doing great! I'll catch up at some point...I HOPE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh, I know being banished to the basement is rough! Can you read while on the bike? That may help pass the time a little!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are doing better!!!
I was thinking of trying to set up so I can search the internet with my little netbook. We'll see. So wrapped up with shopping the last few days I haven't got back to it. Kind of hard for me to do the shopping because of walking. Getting better but I am paying this morning for a trip to the mall yesterday!
ReplyDeleteJust called to see of my meeting was closed this morning due to the snow storm. Nope. No meetings cancelled. Wow! Well, that's good. I'll venture out early, get weighed, hopefully with a good result, and then can shut in for the weekend and enjoy the snow coming down.
Hi Reen!
ReplyDeleteJust checking in to see how you are doing!
Hope you had a wonderful holiday!