So I am officially walking on my own two feet again. No more boot! I am thrilled! Can't you tell?
I'm moving very slowly, but it's a start. It's going to be a little slow going though. Doctor still says I shouldn't try to skate for 1 to 2 months, and even then, start out very slow, 15 minutes, not the 3-4 hour sessions I usually do. What?!!! And he said I should look toward summer to run my 10K, not spring. Well, okay, I guess.
But hey, at least I won't be wearing that Frankenstein boot for Christmas! And I can start to move a little. My leg feels like a noodle right now. Amazing how quickly you lose muscle definition when you don't use the leg at all. Wow. My left leg was always bigger than my right, but not now.
So now I've made it through the hard part...right? I don't know. It's gonna be rough working back up to the level of activity I was at, but at least it's only been a little over a month. That should make it easier.
I've only gained 3 pounds through this (according to the scale last Saturday at my meeting), and I'm still under goal. So I'm good with that, as long as I can maintain through the holiday and be able to move will help that. They recommend I start out with the stationary bike, starting out slowly, and when I'm able to do 45 minutes on that, then I can move up to an elliptical, starting out slowly, and build my strength up that way. In the meantime, I can walk, a little at a time. Main thing is when it starts to ache, get off it.
So watch out. By summer, I'll be running that 10K (maybe with some of my blogging buddies out there)!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooooooh, you know I'm in! Wait. Did I just say that?? :0
ReplyDeleteSo glad the Frankenstein boot is off! Take care of yourself and listen to the docs! You'll be back in action in no time!
Yes, you said it, Marisa! You really did! :)
ReplyDeleteRough night and having a tough morning, but I'm going to give it a go and try to look at the bright side.
:)