Sunday, November 29, 2009

Help!

I've fallen and I can't get up! Okay, not that bad, but I have fallen a bit off the wagon of late. The surgery and recovery are more than I expected and I guess I've been having myself a little pity party, plus the fact that I have absolutely no activity. I was able to finally put enough weight on the foot (once I took off this Frankenstein boot they've got me in) to get on the scale and I've gained about 6 pounds! Ughh! Really? Really? Well, okay, it was after all my morning coffee and breakfast, and a few other factors would affect it as well, which we won't get into other than to refer to the calendar. :) But still, the scale is definitely up higher than I'd like it.

So what do I do? Well, I pull myself up, dust myself off, dust off my tracker, count points, weigh and measure, and start fresh. That's what I do.

Good news is the cast is off, the stitches are out. I just wish I didn't have to wear this awful boot 24/7, but I'll do what I have to do to get back to running and skating. So get over it. That's what I'm telling myself tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the cast is off!! YAY!

    Don't worry about the scale right now, Reen. Most important thing is getting yourself healed. It will all come together again. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete