Well, it's Saturday, my meeting day. Today I get on the scale again. After last week's weigh-in (and gain) I was very motivated when I left the meeting to stick to the program this week. Honestly, the early part of the week was hard, and I found myself constantly slipping and eating more than I should. About midweek, it all clicked. I talked to a friend (who happens to be on Weight Watchers with me) and just in chatting, I fessed up and announced that I felt that I had already dereailed my plan for the week. I realized all the things I hate eaten and not tracked. So as I was talking, I started tracking them, and also tried to figure out the activity points. Didn't seem so bad. I realized during that phone conversation that I had not completely derailed myself.
So the second part of the week, I really, really tried to be strict, tracking everything, and drinking lots of water. So we'll see. I'd like to see a loss of one pound, but I'll take any loss really. As long as that number is going down, I'm good. I know from my weight loss journey that I average maybe a pound a week. Nobody said getting these 7 pounds was going to be quick. I was hoping though.
Anyway, I'm okay no matter what. I've got a good weekend scheduled, meeting this morning, then relaxing around the house, doing a little work for my job, cutting coupons, and finishing up a sewing project with my new machine that Santa brought, oh, yeah, and I almost forgot, maybe dinner out (oops). Sunday I'll be hitting the rink for a four-hour skating session and then Monday, another session for the holiday, a special six-hour session. Now, those of you who know me, don't panic. I'm not going to skate the whole time. That would be too much. I'm only back on wheels a few weeks really since surgery. But I should be able to get a lot of good activity points in just in those two days, and then hopefully, I'll also be skating Wednesday.
Also, I realized that during those few months post-surgery, I really kind of lost interest in tracking my points, watching what I was eating in general, blogging, etc. I think I kind of "fell off the wagon". But now, it's like someone hit the main breaker and THE LIGHTS WENT ON! I can't wait to check the blogs every day and seeing what new ideas there are out there. Hoping to do some blogging later today and maybe discover some new blogs to add to my list.
So here we go! Let's see what the day has in store for me.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Update - 1.5 down. That works for me.
ReplyDeleteGREAT job! Don't you love it when the light comes back on? Mine flickered all during the holidays. I was decent until about the week or so before Christmas, and then I just let it all go so to speak. Been trying pretty good after the 1st. But it's still tough. Why must we love food so much? Arrgh. LOL. Again, congrats on the 1.5! Woot!
ReplyDelete