That's the way I'm going to think of this attempt to get back to goal since surgery and the holidays. You know how when you put something in the slow cooker first thing in the morning, there is so much anticipation at the end result. For hours and hours and hours, you don't smell anything and then all of a sudden, the results start to slam you in the face when you walk through the kitchen door? Well, that's the way my weight loss has been getting to goal, slow, simmering progress, and then bam, I'm moving towards goal, can smell the reward, and then finally, it's done, I'm there!
First of all, thank you to Marisa at www.loserforlife.com for her inspirational vlog this morning. I am ready to face another day, count my points, drink my water, and "keep that hammer handy".
I have been doing all that for the past week but so far, no results. I'm back to skating now, and have skated twice this week. So far, no movement on the scale, but it will come. I am having a problem though with those "extras" at the end of the day, something I'm going to focus on today. Seems like I feel a "need" to have those snacks at night, more than I should allow myself. So tonight I'm going to try to stay away, allow myself 2 pounds for one Skinny Cow and then that's it, kitchen is shut down.
I'm also going to try to involve myself in other projects and things to keep me busy at night and away from the snacks. Got that brand new sewing machine sitting on the table just waiting for my first project to be completed (of course, that's after I had to rip out the seams because I realized I wasn't reading the instructions properly). :)
The weather is supposed to warm up tomorrow which kind of bums me out, because normally, I'd get my tail out there and get some running in, but I don't want to push it too soon with the foot/ankle. I'm figuring another month before I should attempt the running thing. So for now, maybe a walk and I'll keep skating.
I know that I need to be patient and that I will be there soon, back to goal. Just need to keep doing what I'm doing and continue reading the blogs for the motivation! So thanks in advance to everyone out there in the blogging world!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, Reen! We can do this! I feel really excited. It's almost like I finally gave myself "permission" to get to goal. Doesn't that sound strange? But, for some reason, it feels that way to me! I'm ready! So, to use a "skating analogy"...LET'S ROLL!!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteMarisa, I totally understand when you save you finally gave yourself permission to get to goal. Not strange to me at all.
ReplyDeleteI've been trying all week to stick to the program but somehow it just wasn't quite clicking, just felt off, but today has been good. Maybe it's that wonderful vlog of yours! It just all felt right today.
So I'm with you. Let's roll!