Well, it's over. Had the surgery yesterday and it seems to have gone well. Waiting for results of pathology but surgeon feels that what he removed was not a tumor at all but probably just a mass of scar tissue, possibly for my skates. If that's the case, I'll have some questions for him when I go back, but for now, that's good news.
As for how I'm feeling, well, not so hot. The pain is there but the meds are taking the edge off of that. The problem, believe it or not, is my back. They say that they want me to elevate the leg for most of the week to keep swelling down, and to do that, they told me I basically need to lay on my back with my leg elevated above my heart. Well, what I didn't remember was that I can't lay on my back. I have an issue with lower back, left hip (maybe sciatic) and it causes pain to lay that way. When I sleep at night, I normally sleep on my side with a body pillow.
So needless to say, had a difficult night and got about 3 hours total sleep. Don't know how we're going to work this out other than maybe take the full dose of pain meds to help the back pain. Nurse is supposed to call today so I'll ask about it then.
Other than that, I'm going to try to watch what I eat while I'm in this recovery phase and just focus on getting better so I can get back to my new life of being healthy and active. Positive thinking, right?
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
4 days ago
I'm glad it's over and all went well for you! Sorry you have to be in such a painful position for your recovery :( Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteGlad I could make you laugh today!
How are you feeling today, Reen?
ReplyDeleteMarisa, hi. I'm okay. It's Friday now. It's been five days. I guess I thought I would be further along on day five. I'm frustrated. Not a very good patient (no patience) and hubby is not enjoying the caretaking role very much. Poor guy. He's trying really, really trying, but he has his own pain issues. I'm usually taking care of him.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm looking ahead. Yesterday was not so good so today we're going to make it a better day, no matter what!
Thanks for checking in. You're a doll!