Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Big Day!

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Finally getting this surgery over with on the foot. They say the best way to go into surgery is with a positive outlook. Well, I was thinking what's so positive about it? A splint or cast, crutches, a boot, no running or skating? Hmmm. How can I think positive?

Well, I've decided to set a new goal. Yep, I did. I recently ran my first 5K EVER and I absolutely loved it. It was such a blast and I was on a high for about a week afterwards, and so proud. My next goal had been to get back on skis after about 20 years (yeah, it's actually been that long, wow). Anyway, looks like that probably won't be happening with this surgery and recovery.

So I've decided to set my sights on maybe running a 10K in the spring. Now, I don't know what I'm looking at recoverywise and when I'll actually get to run again so maybe 10K in the spring is getting ahead of myself a little but I figure if I've got something to shoot for, even if I don't quite get there, I'll get further than if I don't have a goal at all. So that's what I'm shooting for!

In the meantime, it's about trying to stick to my points, maybe be able to do some upper body strength training or something and try to stay at goal!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Reen! I'll be saying a prayer for you for your surgery tomorrow. I know everything is going to be just fine!

    Way to set a goal, sister (maybe Broad Street Run in May???)! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete