First of all let me just say that I wish, I wish, I wish we could go back to the 60's! I had such a blast putting together this costume this year. Well, it's the first time in many years that I wore a costume for Halloween, but I seriously loved dressing up as a hippie! What fun! And the 60's music too, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!So what have I been up to? Well, just getting by, to be very honest. I'm feeling very anxious about the upcoming surgery (a week from today). I actually had a day last weekend when I did not track one bit of food that I put into my mouth (which was A LOT). I was out of control completely. Luckily, I got up the next morning, realized where I had gone and realized I needed to pull myself away from that old habit before it grabbed hold for good! But I am definitely struggling.
Since reaching my Weight Watchers goal, I have wanted to just take off another ten pounds to get to my personal goal, but those ten pounds have really become a challenge for me. I lose, I gain, I lose, I gain. I know, I know, I've been there before, the ups and downs, and eventually, I was able to break through, but this is so frustrating. And I am nervous that after surgery, not being able to run or skate for 3 to 4 months, I am afraid I'm going to see the number on the scale go up.
To top everything off, I have a terrible rash on my belly caused by.... BandAids. Yep. It's totally true. I remember having allergic reactions to adhesive from BandAids when I was younger but haven't had this type of reaction in so many years. I thought I had outgrown it, but obviously not. I tried treating it on my own, but nothing helped. So finally today I was able to get the doctor to call me in a prescription for a steroid cream that hopefully will do the job in a few days. Because of the location of the rash, I have not been able to run in a few days because the sports bras just irritate the area even more. Since running is my one big way of dealing with anxiety and stress, I've really got myself wound up. Not a happy camper.
Oh, and the Halloween candy....well, as much as I swore I wasn't going to touch the candy bowl, I did and then did again and then did again, it was BAD! But the leftovers are well out of reach now and I'm back in control.
So moving on and moving forward. Wish me luck next week with the surgery. I'm sure I'll be stuck in bed or on the sofa for at least a few days after surgery so I'll be doing lots of blogging next week. Until then, I'm hanging in and FEELIN' GROOVY!
LOL!!! Love the costume!
ReplyDeleteI can relate to everything you are saying, Reen. You know, I'm coming to realize that the TRUE KEY to keeping the weight off is in how we deal with emotional/stress eating. We eat instead of feel or eat in response to the feelings. It's a tough thing to master. But, one step at a time, we WILL get it!
Please keep me posted about your surgery - prayers that all goes well!
Your outfit is FAB!!! I LOVE it!
ReplyDelete