Well, about 10 minutes later, the race started and I was off. Once I got moving, I was okay, except that sweatshirt I threw on at the last minute got heavier and heavier from the rain the further I went. I passed a few people along the way, which made me feel great.
The result...I shaved about 4 minutes off my total run time for that distance...and I got the bronze metal for women in my age group. Now, granted, I don't know how many women were in my age group, but that doesn't matter to me. I DID IT!
So for those of you out there second guessing yourselves, not trying something new for fear you can't do it, JUST DO IT! You can do so more than you think you can!

Whoooo hoooo! That was awesome! I love the great support your hubby gave you right before the race! He is absolutely right. You have done an amazing and hard thing by losing weight and now...you're a runner!!! Congrats, Reen! So proud of you :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marisa! How did you make out?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment!!! LOVE your race update! I had so much fun at our 5K I can't wait to do another one! I think I'm addicted now! You look so great by the way, I'm going to keep following you. :) Very inspiring!
ReplyDelete