Well, here we are, the big day, the day I've been working for since the spring, my very first ever 5K run...and, of course, Mother Nature decides to send us a Nor'easter storm. That's okay. I can take it. What's a little rain. What's a little cool weather. Could be worse, and I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!
You know, it's not only the last 6 months that I've been working for this. Actually, I think I've been working for this my entire life, all those times when I really wanted to run but didn't have the confidence and desire to do it. Now I can and I will. Dad, I know you're up there watching me today and I know you're proud. Look what I'm doing!
So today's plan was supposed to be 5K in the morning and out to dinner for hubbie's birthday tonight, but a friend has talked me into skating this afternoon (I know, I'm crazy). So we went to dinner last night and celebrated. It was sooo good, our favorite Italian restaurant. Well, you know, I've heard that a good pasta dinner is good the night before a race. :) :) Pasta, maybe not so good, but at least it was with shrimp, scallops and mussels instead of big giant meatballs or sausage, right? Ate some major calories last night, but you know, maybe that's what the system needed, a good shake up, and now with all the activity I'm getting today, I'm sure I'll be fine. You have to indulge once in a while, right?
So here we go, a great day for me, one I hope I will never, ever forget. Took me a very, very long time to get to this point in my life, and I plan on staying here now!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reen!!!!! I cannot wait to hear about your race! I KNOW you smoked it!
ReplyDeleteMine was BRUTAL, but I finished. And for that I am proud. Even though I had a police escort at the end. No joke...wait til you hear :)
Marisa, I read all about your race, and I think you did AWESOME! I did post a note for you yesterday but I guess my computer was fritzing out, because it never showed up on your blog. I posted another this morning.
ReplyDeleteBut I wanted you to know that YOU WERE NOT RUNNING ALONE. I was with you in spirit. I was thinking of you while I was running and so in a way, we ran the 5K's TOGETHER. Wouldn't it be neat to some day run one together? We're not that far apart so it is possible, although for me, not until the spring probably. I'm going to be having surgery on 11/9 and will be sidelined from any skating or running for three to four months.
Anyway, the weather was brutal that day so we should both be very proud of ourselves for following through with it!