Well, it's July 4th again. It comes every year, but yet this year is so different. Today is my 45th birthday. Yes, I am a 4th of July baby. Anyway, in the past, waking up on July 4th was all about what am I going to cook today, what am I bringing to the picnic, what else will there be there to eat, so on and so on. Today the concept is the same, but it's more about what I am going to cook today that's healthy, what other healthy options will I have at the picnic, what kind of games and activities will I do with the kids, so on and so on.
I am such a completely different person today than I was a year ago. Yes, a year ago I had already started this journey toward goal but I've accomplished so much since then. For instance, this morning when I woke up it was such a gorgeous morning, nice cool breezy, sunny morning. I had a cup of coffee, a light breakfast. Then I grabbed my running shoes (thanks Mom for the new shoes) and headed out the door. I had a run in mind for the past two weeks that I wanted to do but wasn't sure I could do it. Well, 45 minutes later, I was home, having finished my run. What better to do on my 45th birthday than to run 45 minutes! Wow!
So yes, I turned 45 today, but I don't feel 45. I really don't. I feel better now than I have in years and years. I won't put an age on how I feel for fear I'll jinx it, but here's hoping I feel EVEN BETTER at 46!
So my plan for the day, heading out an annual family picnic today. I'll be armed with a huge bowl of chunky fruit, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, grapes and mangoes. I'm also bringing my lite hot dogs and lite rolls and diet soda. Might stop and pick up a six-pack of Michelob Ultra Light beer. Not so sure about that one.
Hope you all have a GREAT 4th of July! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Belated Birthday, Reen!
ReplyDeleteYay for your 45 minute run - that's terrific!
Love your reflections - what a difference a year makes! Hope you had a great time :)
Happy Belated Birthday! You look 35 not 45! Have a wonderful year and keep up the great efforts....
ReplyDeleteMarisa and Deb, thank you so much! I am trying. This maintenance thing is really hard but I WILL CONTINUE because I feel so much better now.
ReplyDeleteHi Reen!
ReplyDeleteHow's it going???
Hi, Marisa! Oh, my gosh, SO BUSY lately. I was just thinking geez, I haven't posted lately on my blog. They're going to think...well, who knows what you're thinking.
ReplyDeleteI'll try to post this afternoon, but everything is good, one more week from this Saturday to get to Lifetime with WW. Maintenance is NOT easy but I'm hanging in there.