Friday, July 17, 2009

One more Week to Lifetime!

I'm still here. Wow, just realized yesterday that I hadn't posted since reaching goal in June. It's been so busy since with vacation and work and running, skating, etc. As of tomorrow, I'll be in my last week of maintenance with Weight Watchers to reach lifetime status. Woo hoo! After that, I will be going back on program to drop another 10 to 15 pounds.

I've been trying to run but the weather has been a little warm. I did run a couple nights after dinner, and I've gone out early in the morning, but today, too muggy. Supposed to cool down for the weekend though so maybe tomorrow evening I can run. Maybe heading to the beach on Sunday.

So I can't say that maintenance is easy. It's no different for me than doing the program. I'm still basically tracking everything I eat. Okay, so there were a few days where I did not track but got right back to it the following day.

The vegetable garden is doing wonderful! Pulled up a bunch of onions this morning, picked our first big Jersey tomato yesterday, and have been picking cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green been and yellow wax beans for about a week. Also had a couple black/purple peppers. I keep trying to figure out ways to make the veggie patch EVEN BIGGER, and I might branch out and create another blog just for my garden.

So that's what's happening. I'm still enjoying the exercise tremendous and already thinking ahead to the winter months and what I'm going to do. Do I want to commit myself to just using the equipment I have down in that dark basement (that's what I did last year) or treat myself to starting up my YMCA membership again. Hmmm. The Y might be the way to go. We'll see how that all works out.

Oh, and tried some new fish this week too. I went to the store to by some fresh fish and I bought halibut, rockfish, corvina, and tuna. Now, we've had tuna before and haven't cooked that yet, but the other three I loved! DH's favorite is the rockfish and I think I might agree.

1 comment: