Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back to the Real World

Well, back from vacation, a week in sunny, HOT, Florida. It was a great week, very relaxing, and lots of quality time spent with Mom. I did really good (I thought) maintaining my goal weight while on vacation. Did not get the running in because it was so darned hot. The drive back was grueling, traffic was horrendous. Made it home by Sunday around 5:00.

Got on the scale yesterday and had only gained a pound. I call that success. Got back to my running yesterday morning, which felt great. Only ran 3 miles though when I was up to 4 before vacation but that's understandable, right? Well, got on the scale this morning and it's UP another pound. Guess I better scale back a bit and maybe cut out those afternoon glasses of wine with Mom. Really? Hmmm, maybe I can cut something else out instead!

Well, maintenance is going to be part of the rest of my life so I better figure it out. Hit the grocery store yesterday morning (fridge was empty when we got home). Loaded up on TONS of fruits and veggies. So there is really no excuse to not eat right.

Here's to getting back on program. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one moment at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment