Got a few beautiful runs in. The last run, my "long run" for the week I was not sure how far it was in distance before I started, but I knew where I wanted to go. Here are a few pics along the way.
First, the bridge. Those of you who have read about my last trip know that I LOVE to run the bridge. It's a concrete span bridge over the Intercoastal Waterway, a mile in each direction. Just beautiful breathtaking views.
This is a shot coming up the road from the bridge to the drive along the ocean.
Coming up to the boardwalk along the ocean....
At the boardwalk.....
On the boardwalk....
Back into the park where I started at the base of the bridge....
So now you can see why I absolutely LOVE running there! It's breathtaking. When I got back to the house, I went onto mapyourrun.com and checked out my distance. I was hoping to get somewhere around 6 miles since my training schedule for the month of March has my long run at 6. Well, it was..... drum roll..... 6.98 miles! WHAT!???? Guess I can skip the 6 mile long run and go right to 7 for the month of March. :)
Tomorrow it's back to normal life, work, working out, planning for upcoming fundraising events, eating right, goodbye cocktails, hello gym and training. I am feeling great, well rested, aside from the two-day car trip back, and ready for the week.







Glad you had a great time! looks like a great path to run! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWhooo hooooo! What a great time, Reen...the cocktails, the good eats, the views, the run... all of it!!!
ReplyDeleteWas a great time, Marisa. Really was. Can't beat spending time with Mom and not have to worry about work. A real vacation.
ReplyDeleteToday I spent all day getting things in order. Now it's back to a regular routine. Tomorrow and Wednesday the weather looks like it will be nice enough for an outdoor run. Not 80 degrees and palm trees, but I'll take a partly sunny day in the mid-40's