So I've had these cut little pair of black pants that I bought last year and have been trying to get into them ever since. When I bought them, they were just a little too snug. No problem, right, I knew a few more pounds and I could wear them. Then came the foot surgery and the "no activity" and the "feeling sorry for myself, I have a cast on my foot and I'm on crutches, I can eat what I want phase". Then came the holidays, and finally, the getting back to goal stage. Finally, finally, I'm back under goal and this morning decided to grab those pants and try them on. WHOA, they fit! They seriously fit and are actually comfortable! What a nice start to the day. Now if I could just get rid of this "Benadryl hangover", I'd be good to go.
Started off this morning with a beautiful omelet, diced turkey ham, chopped up leftover grilled veggies, fresh cilantro and basil, and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. I should have taken a picture of it. It was so beautiful! I love cilantro. Hubby hates it, and complaints about the smell every time I use it, but I love it, can't get enough of it when it's fresh. Thinking of chicken breast tonight with cilantro and lemon on the grill. Think that will work?
And I've entered another giveaway, this time, at http://www.healthystride.blogspot.com/, for some really great XBalm products. Check it out if you haven't already.
So I got a good run in yesterday, which I was thrilled about. The weather was gorgeous, nice and cool, and even though I hadn't run in over a week, I was able to get in 4.25 miles. Felt great and had plans to run again this morning, but the Benadryl hangover got in the way, and now I need to get to work. Have an appointment at 4:30 to get the hair colored (desperately needed) and then maybe when I get home, I can get a run in.
Question for you runners out there. Anybody suffer with charlie horse cramps at night. I've suffered with them on and off for a few years but in the last year, they have greatly increased, and it's usually in my left leg. Used to be in the back of my leg/calf area, but since the surgery, I get them in the front of my leg, right where the tendon is that was involved in my surgery. Last night, I had one actually in both legs at the same time, in the front of the left leg and in the back of the right leg, both at the same time. It was HORRIBLE! I couldn't even walk because I had it in both legs at the same time.
Now, I know, everybody says potassium, you need potassium, and I did send hubby out yesterday for some bananas, but honestly, I've been told that with the amount of veggies I eat on a daily basis combined with the daily vitamins, that I shouldn't be low on potassium. So I'm looking for my fellow bloggers for some insight into this. Any help would be appreciated.
I scheduled an appointment to go back to the doctor that did my surgery. I'm have some problems with the foot again, and since I'd like to enter and train for my first half marathon (I know, I'm the one who said never), I want to find out what's going on with the foot and whether or not the half-marathon is in the cards for me. The appointment is not for a few weeks though. Anxious to talk to the doctor. Maybe he'll have some ideas about these charlie horses too.
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment