Monday, February 15, 2010

Time for Dress Up

First of all, so what a great day I had. I skated for six hours (well, not all six hours), but still, between yesterday and today, I've had a good bit of activity in and starting to feeling like I'm coming back to life. Yes, it's snowing again, but doesn't look like we'll get too much accumulation.

Hey, and by the way, make sure you check out the "Souper Douper Giveaway" at http://krittie.wordpress.com/ Loving that digital jump rope.

So now a big decision to make. Have a wedding to go to next weekend. The big question, do I wear the royal blue dress that I bought and wore to a wedding last May (only wore it once and LOVE the dress). If I wear the dress, need to get new shoes, because the ones I have are sandals, and I'm a little wobbley in them since the surgery. Think I'd do better with a closed pump. The other option is to buy a whole new dress, but then that would require new shoes and a new dress and don't know if I want to splurge like that right now. If I wear the royal blue dress, it's short sleeved. Should I get something to wear over it or am I okay with short sleeves in February? Hmmm, can you tell it's a big deal for me these days to "dress up"? Being a "work at home" professional, I just don't have the need to dress up so often. So let me know what your view is on this. Welcome your advice!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read blogs in FOREVER. I feel so behind. Seeing your pictures in the sidebar FLOORED me Reen. I know I've seen them before, but WOW. The before picture looks nothing like you.

    Anyway, I'm stumped with the dress up situation. What does your gut feeling tell you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say.......SIX HOURS??? Holy Moses, woman! You are a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heather. I appreciate that! The fact that every time I log onto my blog, that picture pops up, that's a big motivator in helping me keep the weight off. Gosh, I don't EVER want to go back there!

    Well, as much as I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go shopping for a new dress AND shoes, I really am limited with time (and money). So think my gut is telling me go for new shoes. Have an appointment to have my hair cut at 4:30 today so I may just head to DSW after that. They have a huge selection of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Heather, six hours....yesterday. I also went to a four-hour session on Sunday. I don't know if I'm a rock star, just maybe insanely craving activity, and I love skating.

    I do take breaks in there though. Figured I skated for a good 4 1/2 hours yesterday and 3 on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete