Friday, January 8, 2010

Say It Ain't So!

Well, although I've been back in the groove the last few days, tracking what I eat, making healthier choices, drinking lots of water, and even got a little "skating" in, I got on the scale this morning and was absolutely shocked at the number! Now, I get on the scale every day. I know, I know, you're not supposed to do that, but it's what I have always done. Anyway, the reason I was so shocked was that overnight, that number went up by 3 POUNDS! What? Really? Really? Amazing. I had been hovering right around my goal weight (okay, 2 pounds over goal), and now I am 5 POUNDS over goal.

Okay. So once the cold shock and numbness wore off, what's the reality? The reality is that it is what it is and I know just what to do about it. Keep doing what I've been doing the last few days, and working in more activity, little by little, and it will come off. I REFUSE to be a person who works so, so very hard to get to my goal and manage it and then with one setback, give up the whole thing, throw in the towel, and end up back where I started. Nope. Not gonna happen.

Besides, that might not even be a "true" number. Who knows. Maybe something else is going on. Sodium? Not sure about that, but I'll just keep at it and deal with it. Can cold medicines make you retain water? Not sure about that either but I have been fighting a heck of a chest cold through the holiday. And then there's the holiday. Hmmm, yeah, that could be it, those "HOLIDAY POUNDS". Well, whatever. I'm dealing with it.

I am still so excited to be where I am and doing what I'm doing and look forward to working more and more exercise in.

1 comment:

  1. I try not to weigh in between my official Saturday WI at my meeting, but am hovering at my 10% so have hopped on the scale a few times this week. I shouldn't because if I'm not still down that pound tomorrow, I'll be bummed. I've vowed to continue to attend meetings after I'm back to goal and to keep the eTools so I can log my food and exercise in easily. You have to tools to lose the 5 pounds, so good luck. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete