Thursday, January 28, 2010

Old Photos - Was that really me?

My mom sent me on a little trip down memory lane this week. She asked me to dig through the old family photos to find some old Christmas photos for her. I pulled the box out and started digging, and honestly, I am still stunned when I look at old photos of myself. Really? Was I really like that? Was that really me? WOW!

Now, I know we don't normally like to see pictures of ourselves when we were at our heaviest, but I was heavy my whole life, and by looking at these pictures, it's reminds me of how far I have come and where I want to stay. I am a different person now than I have ever been in my life. So I keep collecting them as I find them and I have a special photo album just for that purpose, to look back and remind myself why I watch what I eat so carefully and try to get as much activity as I can. Because this is where I want to be....FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Yes, I will be sharing a few of the pictures on my blog, but I have to scan them and I'm in the middle of a big job. They will show up very soon though. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it unbelievable when you look back at those pictures? When I look at mine, I feel immediately embarassed. And sad. I couldn't believe I let myself live that way for so long.

    You have come so far, Reen! I you will be this way for the rest of your life, no doubt!!!

    ReplyDelete