Monday, September 21, 2009

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I had a GREAT WEEK last week. I'm finally below my lowest weight and moving on toward my ultimate goal.

And I made a move toward another goal I set. When I started running this past spring, my goal in running was that "some day" I wanted to run a 5K. Well......I am mailing the application with the entrance fee today. The run is October 17th! I am so excited AND so nervous. I'm having a problem with my foot/ankle (probably a ganglion cyst) but talked to the doctor about the 5K, and he said I should go for it. So that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm going for it! I even have a friend who is also losing weight that would like to do it with me.

In the meantime, one day at a time. I had a lot of activity this weekend but it was also a hungry weekend for me and I'm sure I ate every single one of those activity points I earned. Oh, well, that's what they're for, right? The more activity you get, the better.

So I'm going to try to get out and run today. I want to get myself back to 4 miles by the end of next week. I'd like to say I'll do the 4 miles today, but I think that's pushing it, especially with all the stress I put on my foot/ankle over the weekend. But I'll get there!

2 comments:

  1. Whooo hooo, Reen! Never had a doubt that you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marisa. I'm gonna give it a go! I'm also going to try to make an effort to blog more often. I MISS IT. There is just SO MUCH going on right now. It's hard, but must try more.

    ReplyDelete