Well, today is a big day. Finally getting that MRI on my ankle/foot done. We're hoping it's just a ganglion cyst that can be drained, but doctor wants to be sure before he tries to drain it. It's right on the tendon that goes from my big toe and then up the front of my leg. It's been getting larger and causing some pain and tenderness while skating and running. So you know there is no question, it MUST BE RESOLVED. If surgery is the answer, it's going to have to wait until the end of the month, because I AM running that 5K in the middle of October, my first, and NOTHING is going to stop me from reaching that goal!
But first, I have to get through this MRI. Never had one before. I'm told that it should be no big deal since it's my foot. So we'll see.
Frustrating though because it's taking time out of my schedule and I may not have time to run today. Funny how your life changes. Me talking about exercise, almost obsessed by it. All I want to do is MOVE! This is the same girl (yes, I do feel like a girl) who said at the beginning of this whole journey that "I don't have a lot of time to exercise", and would struggle to find 30 minutes in the day to get out and walk. Yeah, right. Now I know it was all a matter of getting my priorities straight. Yes, it may mean getting up a half hour or 45 minutes earlier in the day to get started with work so I can squeeze in a run or walk or elliptical workout during the day. It may mean getting dinner started and then having my husband "keep an eye" on dinner while I work out, but you know, it works.
So speaking of time, I better wrap this post up so I can do some real work before my appointment.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck, Reen! Hope everything works out okay :)
ReplyDelete