Thursday, August 20, 2009

Then again....

....maybe not. Maybe being out of my environment for the past few weeks has caused me to put on a few pounds after all. It's hard to tell since mom's scale gives me a different number every time I get on it. We have a doctor's appointment this morning so I'll see if I can get on their scale and get a better idea, but I just feel heavier this morning. I did have a treat last night, a bowl of fat free vanilla ice cream with a tiny bit of chocolate syrup and a half a handful of peanut M&M's. That is soooo not like me, but I just had a craving for something "sinful". That's it, out of my system.

My plan is to really knuckle down when I get home and reverse any little bit of damage. I can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can really hit the pavement running. In the meantime, it's back to the elliptical.

But you know, this is what's going to happen for the rest of my life, maintain. If I go up a little, I do what's necessary to repair the damage before it gets out of hand. A few more days and life will get back to normal.

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you this morning, Reen! Hope everything is going okay with your Mom.

    I love your attitude. You are so right; up a little, down a little IS maintaining! When it's up a LOT is when it's a problem! You are doing FAN.TAS.TIC, especially with the stress of being out of your normal environment/routine and dealing with your Mom's surgery.

    Hang in there! I'm looking forward to the cooler weather, too - it's like soup here today!

    Btw, thanks for your kind comment the other day. I appreciate you sharing your story with me and I did remember that it was an overall 6 yr. process for you. I have thought of that many times over the past few months and you have really helped me realize that it's not the amount of time, it's all about the journey getting there!

    Geez, do I get the award for the longest comment ever or what! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Marisa. Well, it might just be more than "a few" pounds. Ughh. Anyway, like I said, it's all about repairing the damage.

    Mom wants to take me to dinner tonight. At least they have fresh fish. I already told her desserts are totally off limits for me tonight.

    Gosh, it's hot here and at home. DH says my vegetable garden is producing like crazy so I'm sorry I'm missing all the harvest, but hopefully the tomatoes will go for a while yet.

    Hang in there. You're doing great. Actually, when I read your post this morning, I thought well, so what if you're not tracking, because you're still doing the program. If you look back at what you're eating and counted your points for the day, I bet you're still right on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be aware of what you are doing...to me that is the hardest thing. This summer has been tough, but I have maintained my loss, but I want to go down more, not maintain.

    Life is surely a long journey!

    ReplyDelete