Monday, June 1, 2009

Jeepers Creepers

Yep, that's what I'm doing, creeping ever closer and closer to that goal line. Ugh. I've been bouncing a little, the scale bounces down, bounces up, bounces down. I would really love one BIG BOUNCE to get it under that number!

Don't know whether I should drop a point and eat less since I'm so close to having to do that anyway...or eat more because I'm getting so much activity. So as Mom always says, when you don't know what to do, don't do anything. That's what I'm doing this week, keeping the same program...except that I'm going to try to drink more, more, more water and cut the sodium down. Lunch meat has been in my diet lately so I'll try to avoid that. No gourmet lite hot dogs this week either!

Went roller skating yesterday. Still trying to break in the new skates but LOVE them! Hope to skate again on Wednesday. I would like to get out for a run today but wondering if I should wait until tomorrow since the legs are a little achy from skating. I WANT TO RUN! If I do run, I'm going to try running the trail instead of the asphalt and see how it is. I'm going to stick to the 4 miles if I can. If I don't like the trail, I'll just loop around and get back on the pavement, but I'm told the trails would be a little easier on the joints.

I looked in the mirror this morning and thought, geez, are those really my legs? I guess the running and skating is really starting to help tone the legs. I see a difference. Now, if only there was some miracle exercise that would help these "wings" I have under my arms. The extra skin is just hanging. I've been using my little hand weights but they're only 3 pounds. Maybe I need heavier ones? I'm told that no matter what I do, I won't get rid of this under my arms unless I opted to have surgery...and that's not happening! So guess it's just going to be a reminder for me of how far I've come.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hope there's hope for the arms other than surgery. I've got the wings, too! If you decide on surgery, let me know - maybe we can get a two-fer deal!LOL!

    I'm so happy for you being so close to goal!!! Can't wait to see your "Whoooo hoooo" post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, no surgery for me. And I don't know if I'll ever get to goal! Right now, I'm feeling frustrated. Don't go to WI until Saturday, and I know I shouldn't get on the scale at home, but I do everyday so I have it adjusted to agree with the WW scale, and it's up 2 1/2pounds this morning. WHAT!

    Guess I'm running today. Took one day off to "let the body heal". Wasn't going to skate tonight because my lower legs and ankles are beat up from new skates, but now I'm wondering if I should skate too.

    So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete