Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Seafood Medley over Rice


So I experimented again in the kitchen tonight. Came across a version of this dish, changed it around and added other ingredients and came up with my own version. It was actually really, really good and I plan on adding this to my list of regulars.

Ingredients:
1 pound bag of Seafood Medley (shrimp, scallops, calamari), thawed
1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
1 small broccoli crown (cut into 3/4 cup smaller pieces)
4 spears of asparagus, cut into 1 inch or 2 inch pieces
5 or 6 large cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large shallot, chopped
3 gloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. olive oil
1/3 cup chicken broth
two wedges of Laughing Cow cheese
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 tablespoon (or more)fresh basil
salt and black pepper

Here's how I did it. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add garlic and shallot and a bit of salt and saute until shallot starts to become clear. Next add asparagus. At this point, add about a tablespoon of chicken broth and cover with lid for a few minutes until asparagus just starts to cook. Remove lid.

Next, add seafood. Sautee for about 3 minutes or until shrimp starts to pink up. Add salt, thyme and basil and saute for another few minutes.
Next add the broccoli. Cook until broccoli begins to get tender. Add red bell pepper and continue cooking for a few more minutes. Toss in the cherry tomatoes.

It's almost done now. So add the remainder of the chicken broth and Laughing Cow cheese. Stir until cheese is blended with broth to make a little bit of a sauce in the pan. Add pepper to taste.

I served this over rice but it would be good over angel hair pasta also.

I haven't put this into the recipe builder yet. Now, we split this between the two of us and I'm betting it's probably around 6 points and then the points for the rice added to that.

P.S. A sprinkling of grated cheese over the top works too!

No comments:

Post a Comment