Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's A New Day...

...and a new life. Just a quick post this morning before I get to work. I did something yesterday that I'm surprised about and very proud of. I ran. Not very fast and definitely not very far, but I RAN! It's something I've wanted to do since starting phase 2 of my weightloss journey, and I did it.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, especially Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. She talks about challenging yourself, doing something different, give yourself a chance, get out of the same routine. She also says running equals skinny.

So yesterday morning I got out of bed and decided to challenge myself to run one mile. I went to the park, walked a half mile, and then ran a mile. Now, I'll be honest when I say I did have to stop halfway around and walk for about one minute to catch my breath, but oh, my gosh, I did it. I actually ran a mile.

So now the goal is to build on that. I won't do it every day, but I definitely am going to try to run a couple days a week and just go a little further each time. Some say running is not good for your joints but I've seen people much older than I who run all the time. So I'll try it and see. Hoping that it will be one more tool in my bag that I can use to get the last pounds off to goal and to maintain for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment