Well, today was a good day. First, I made something new in my little crockpot, what's called Pearl Barley Casserole. It was basically pearl barley, onion, pepper, garlic, tomatoes and some seasonings cooked in the crockpot for like six hours. I'll post recipe separately.
I am on my way to taking off the last ten pounds to get to goal, 8.2 to go. I can't believe it's actually happening.
Went on a "coffee date" this afternoon with hubbie which turned into taking the whole afternoon off from work. I decided to get out in the garden and start doing a little weeding. Ended up puttering out there all afternoon. It felt soooo good to just get out there and breath the fresh air and start getting stuff done in the yard. We opened the fish pond up for the season. Fish are all swimming around and only lost one over the winter. Now I finally feel like spring is here. I still have plenty of work to do in the yard, but got a good jump on it. I'm already dreaming of my veggie garden. Might even have to make the veggie patch larger again.
So nothing really exciting to report here except the fact that I am so happy, loving life, so energized, and totally enjoying ever minute I'm spending in my new way of life.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment