Monday, January 26, 2009

My New Herb Garden!


I got a lot of great Christmas gifts this year and this was one of them. I have a big herb garden in the yard and I miss it terribly in the winter, especially the fresh basil and parsley. This was planted on New Year's Day and is really taking off now. It's what they call an AeroGarden, and it's really cool. It has a light on a timer, stays on for 16 hours a day, off for eight. It tells you when it needs water and when it needs nutrients. The top of it lifts up as the plants get higher. There are all kinds of different seeds you can buy for it. This is our first run with it, but we're planning on growing different salads next. It's really fun to watch it grow, and what a great way to add flavor and not fat to your winter dishes.
I'll post again in a few weeks on this and let you all know how it's growing. By then, it should be growing out the front and sides!

2 comments:

  1. This is cool - where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH got it for me for Christmas. I don't know where he got it, but I know they had them at Sams before Christmas and some of the other stores. You can also find them on eBay. :)

    ReplyDelete