Saturday, September 29, 2012

Skipping the Normal - It's okay


I couldn't do it.  I just couldn't get out of bed this morning in time to get my stuff done and get to my weekly Weight Watchers meeting.  So I didn't.  I stayed in bed a little longer, and now just letting the morning happen slowly, drinking coffee, getting ready to start the day.

But does that mean that I should change my habits?  NOOOOOO!  So when I did get up, I made a nice healthy but satisfying breakfast, omelette made with eggbeaters, turkey ham, spinach, onion, peppers, and some laughing cow cheese, two slices of Pepperidge Farm Light Style bread toasted with some pumpkin butter (forgot I still had some hidden away in the freezer!).    Great breakfast!

Now it's time to get this Saturday started.  I have some baking to do for a friend.  We're also going to make a pot of Black Bean, Roasted Butternut Squash Chili to have during the week for lunches.  Pasta dinner tonight in preparation for tomorrow's 16-mile run.

With all of that going on, I'd still like to get out for a nice easy walk to keep the muscles loose, or maybe even get the hula hoops out!

And my ONE GOAL for today is to hydrate!


2 comments:

  1. Go Maureen go!! Sounds like you had a great day - kick butt on your run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim. It was a good day. I love spending a cool day doing lots of cooking.

    ReplyDelete