Wow, time to catch up on some blogging. So I went to my weigh-in and meeting last Saturday. Was anxious to get on the scale. I had two good weeks in a row. First week, I stayed the same. Last week, the number on the scale finally went down.... a half a pound. What?!!! I know. I know. But you know, I feel really good so I'm not so bothered by that number. I do want to see a certain number (and fit into a certain pair of jeans again), but I know that if I just stick with the healthy eating and activity, eventually, I'll be there.
Let me get to the title of this blog, Shake It Up. I AM SUPER DUPER CRAVING A SHAMROCK SHAKE FROM MCDONALD'S!!!!! So far, I've managed to fight the urge, but wondering how I could make something yummy that maybe would maybe satisfy that craving but be healthy for me too. Any ideas?
I know I could make one of MizFit's smoothies to satisfy the "green" part and "creamy" part of the craving. (Check it out). http://mizfitonline.com/2012/03/06/smoothie-making-challenge-sponsored-by-egg-beaters/. So what about the minty part of the equation? Any ideas? Wonder if I can get any fresh mint this time of year.
So in the meantime, what's up with me? Well, I made something really yummy last week. I wanted stuffed peppers but was kind of lazy and running out of time. So I did a quick Google search and came up with a bunch of recipes for "stuffed pepper casserole". Now, I don't have the exact recipe with me right now, but it was lean ground beef, cooked brown rice, onion, garlic, chopped green peppers, stuff like that, and I think the sauce was a can of tomato soup and a can of diced tomatoes. Oh, yeah, and some low-fat cheese. Anyway, it was really good, and came up to be around 8 PP's per cup. Here's a pic!
Headed back to "the hills" on Sunday for our long run. It went much better than two weeks ago. We had a good time, I had a little easier time getting up the hills, and my recovery was quicker after the hills. So I'm pretty sure that I'll be registering to the run my first "hilly" half-marathon, which is in April, and then in May, we have the Broad Street Run. Yeah!
Got back to doing some strength training at the gym this week, and that felt great too! Hubby just "loves" having control of my phone while I'm working out. The latest:
I got out for a short run today, and was tired. So I guess I got a pretty good workout on the machines yesterday.
Now it's time for leftovers ( again ) for dinner (don't feel like cooking and too much stuff in the fridge).
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oooh now I wanna try mint too!!!!
ReplyDelete