Saturday, March 12, 2011

Short and Sweet

Results are in....I'm still at goal.  :)  Great feeling being able to maintain goal weight. 

Family get together today, and I made....yep, cupcakes.  Really have been enjoying teaching myself how to use a piping bag.  Hubby and I are still considering taking a class together in cake decorating.  And these cupcakes, again, are using the Weight Watchers chocolate pumpkin muffin recipe, and it makes about 20 or 21 smaller sized cupcakes.  This time, I made homemade buttercream frosting.  Good, although I'm going to be testing out a few more buttercream recipes to see which one we like best.  But with the WW recipe, depending upon the amount of frosting I use, it's not bad at all.  These, because they're for family, have a little more frosting than I would use if it was just for me.


So I think I've got the basic piping down.  Now it's time to start getting a little more creative...after next week's fundraiser.

I haven't eaten much yet today, bagel thin (3 PP), 1 tbsp. low-fat peanut butter (2) and half a banana.  Time to go make a pita pizza for lunch, and then off to a family get-together and busy work day tomorrow.  

3 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look awesome, Reen! I totally stink at decorating cupcakes and cakes. I love watching the Food Network cake challenges which make it look easy even though I know it's NOT! LOL!

    Have a fun day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make my cupcakes look that pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks girls. I just hope I can continue with this new "hobby" and keep my fingers out of the butter cream!

    ReplyDelete