Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Big Time!!!! JACKPOT!

Sunday morning, beautiful sunny chilly morning.  I am ready for the day! 

Yesterday was a great, great day!  First, the obvious, my weigh-in and meeting.  I am so proud of the job I did last week following program, tracking, weighing and measuring, drinking lots and lots of water instead of diet soda and diet iced tea, AND getting all the workouts in, and IT PAID OFF! 

Went to my meeting and weigh-in yesterday morning.....drum roll......4 POUNDS!!!  What?!  Really, 4 pounds?  That's HUGE, HUGE, HUGE for me.   I am just tickled.  Time to get back and DO IT AGAIN.   I obviously don't expect to lose near that every week, but what a great kickstart for me.  Actually, I'm good with average weightloss of half a pound.  Slow and steady.

Yes, I'm at my Weight Watchers goal for over a year now, but never got to where I wanted to point.  My goal with Weight Watchers was set at the top of my weigh range.  I'd like to see how my body will react to taking off another 10 pounds from the top of that range.  My dream is to get into the 130's (139, to be exact) since I really don't remember being at that weight as an adult.  

After having some lunch yesterday, I headed off to the rink in the afternoon to try out a pair of used skates that had the potential of resolving my problem by taking the pressure off the tendon and area of my surgery.   They're a speed skate, low boot rather than the traditional artistic skate that I've been using.  They fit like they were mine all along, fit perfectly.   Unbelievable.   The tricky part is that they are also speed wheels instead of artistic wheels.  They have a wider wheel base and the balance is just way different for me.  I was very shaky at first, but once I got the feel for them, I was thrilled.  LOVE THEM!  I skated the entire four-hour session (although I sat and chatted with friends too) when I had only planned on skating two hours. 

Did have a lot of leg cramps during the night in the front lower part of the leg.  I know I've got to strengthen the lower leg and ankles now because I don't have the ankle support that I did with the artistic skates.  That's probably why I had all the leg cramps last night.  That leg is still very weak since the surgery (almost a year ago).  It was getting better with the running, but since the doctors put the brakes on my running and also slowed down my skating schedule, I'm sure the muscle has weakened again.

I'm tempted to skate again today but think I'll take it easy.  Don't want to damage anything, and plus, football game is 1:00 today.  So I'll stay home, work until gametime, and then make a nice dinner, roast a bunch of tomatoes from the garden, and just enjoy the time at home. 

My goal this week, do it again, eat healthy, and try to work out every day. 

3 comments:

  1. I know, Amanda. I was SHOCKED! That's a HUGE number for me, really huge!

    Yeah, I want that 10-pound cushion, and just once in my adult life, I'd like to see that number.

    I LOVE SKATING! Really really love it. And it's great exercise. I wear my heartrate monitor while I'm skating, and this past Saturday, I burned over 600 calories in the four hours, and that's with sitting around chatting some too!

    I've learned that getting older doesn't mean I have to give up what I always loved. That's where the skating and hula come in.
    What's next? Well, winter is coming and I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to ski again! So that's my next step.

    ReplyDelete