Well, top o' the morning to ya'! Okay, so maybe that didn't sound so Irish, but I try. :) I'm an Irish girl through and through, but not a stitch of green anywhere in my closet! What? Yep. Guess when I replaced my wardrobe, I skipped that part. Oh, well, I know I'm Irish.
No corned beef and cabbage for me today though, but I am cooking ham and cabbage AND, OF COURSE, POTATOES, which just seems more Irish to me. Don't know why. Well, the potatoes part, only one of my favorite foods, probably because of my ancestry. My grandmother used to make this little potato patty. She called it "fadge" Anybody ever heard of it. She would mash up potatoes, add salt and better, maybe a little milk, some flour just to make it stick. Then she would press it out into little patties, dust with a bit more flour and pan fry them. We used to eat them warm with butter and jelly. Oh, my gosh, what a memory!
Anyway, things are going well the last few days. I've definitely been focused more on my health, what I'm eating, making sure I get moving. It's been a good couple of days and I feel better for it. I got out for a great run yesterday, first in almost two weeks, since being sick again. The last run I had two weeks ago, I was thrilled to have built myself back up to 3.25 miles. Yesterday, I don't know, it felt so good to be running that I didn't want to stop. I ended up running 4.5 miles! Not the greatest on time, actually, not good at all, but time doesn't matter to me so much right now and I was just so thrilled to have run so far!
So today's goal, again, stay focused, eat healthy, and filling foods. I don't know if I'll a run in today. I'd like to, but got lots of work to get done AND, of course, skating tonight. But a run and skating would be really great.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great job on the run!
ReplyDeleteHappy St. Patty's to ya!