Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's a Good Day!

Wow, I am feeling really good today. Got up this morning, worked for a few hours. Decided to head out and get a run in while I can before the rain comes. Supposed to be a soaker around here the next few days and I have my challenge (6.0 mile run) to do Wednesday or Thursday so I definitely wanted to get out.

Well, did I ever. At first, it was a little rough, but then I got a little looser. It started to rain, but just a light mist really, and I thought just push on, you ran a 5K in the pouring rain, you can do this. I just kept running. I ran the whole route that I intend to run for my challenge except for two really long streets. When I got towards the end of it, where I plan to stop when I do the 6 mile run, I felt okay and just kept moving and moving and moving. Since I didn't have that part of the route mapped, I didn't know how far I was going, but I knew I was getting close.

Ended up running 5.25 miles today! Wow! If I can do that today, I can definitely do the 6.0 on Wednesday...right?

I was really feeling good about doing that, but got home a half hour before I would normally be at the rink to start skating. So I grabbed a few glasses of water, a sandwich, quick shower, change of clothes, and off I went to the rink. Only a half hour late, not bad. Of course, I didn't actually skate very much until about halfway through, sat, rested, had a cup of coffee (okay, 2 cups), but still got a good 2 hours of skating in today.

I was famished when I got home. Cooked some whole wheat pasta with sauce, steamed veggies over the top, and a salad, but went overboard a bit with the meatballs. I've dug into my WPA points today quite a bit, but with all the activity I've gotten in today, think I'm covered.

So now it's time to relax. Going to light a fire in the fireplace, put some comfies on and chill.

1 comment:

  1. What a great start to your day - all that running. I am envious!

    ReplyDelete