Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In

Went to my weekly meeting yesterday and weigh-in. Lost .8 this week and I'm okay with that. Would have been happier with 1.5, but hey, I know that .8 is about average for me. Next week I might lost more, week after that, maybe a little less. As long as it's going back down, I'm good with that!

Yesterday, I made a pan of chicken cacciatore in the oven for dinner. Yummo! Used whole chicken legs, which I skinned and the usual suspects, canned tomatoes, pepper, onion, mushrooms, and, of course, garlic. Baked it for two hours and then served it over Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta with a great big salad on the side! Great dinner.

Today, I skate all day and will be starving when I get home. So I'm cooking some soup in the crockpot. Picked up a soup mix yesterday at the Amish market, which looks like it consists of lentils, split peas, corn, wild rice, and a few other kinds of beans. Threw it in the pot with a can of tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, bay leaf, garlic, of course, and a hunk of ham that was in the freezer leftover from Christmas. We'll see how it turns out. Some nice crusty bread I'll bet would go great with it....but that's kind of a slippery slope for me so I think I'll skip that idea and go with some crackers.

My goal this week is to track my points, write them down. For some reason, I'm having an issue with that lately. I don't know why. I've always been a faithful tracker. Why now am I struggling with that habit?

Oh, and what I deal I made yesterday with coupons! Ran over to CVS to get paper towels, last day of sale, and I also had a coupon I got in the mail for a free bottle of Exedrin. Well, with the sale on the paper towels and free bottle of Exedrin, plus some $2 in extra bucks, I ended up owing them and had to buy a pack of gum! My husband was just shaking his head as we walked out of the store. He still can't believe it when I end up getting "free" stuff because of coupons and sales! I've only been doing this serious couponing for a few months so I sometimes have a hard time believing it myself!

1 comment:

  1. .8 is a great weight loss! Almost a pound. Sounds like you are doing all the right things - exercising, tracking, preparing food ahead of time. Good girl!

    ReplyDelete